Nipun wrote about what makes TED talks tick. What is it about these talks that makes all of them resonate so deeply? What makes them so consistently good?
- Thou shalt not simply trot out thy usual shtick
- Thou shalt dream a great dream, or show forth a wondrous new thing, or share something thou hast never shared before
- Thou shalt reveal thy curiosity and thy passion
- Thou shalt tell a story
- Thou shalt freely comment on the utterances of other speakers for the sake of blessed connection and exquisite controversy
- Thou shalt not flaunt thine Ego. Be thou vulnerable. Speak of thy failure as well as thy success.
- Thou shalt not sell from the stage: neither thy company, thy goods, thy writings, nor thy desparate need for funding; lest thou be cast aside into outer darkness.
- Thou shalt remember all the while: laughter is good.
- Thou shalt not read thy speech.
- Thou shalt not steal the time of them that follow thee.
Read Full Post »